Difference between revisions of "Kharpert"

From armeniapedia.org
Jump to: navigation, search
(Map: page translated)
m (Reverted edits by AnthoneyK (talk) to last revision by Raffi)
Line 54: Line 54:
[[Category:Western Armenia]]
[[Category:Western Armenia]]
[[Category:Needs Translation to English]]
[[Category:Needs Translation to English]]
== Wish Granted Master, ArmoBot will now translate this page to English ==
Harput (Harberd, Kharpert), Zeeid Castle Zeeid Castle Harput, Harput, Harput, Harbut, Kharberd, Kharpert, Kharpetsik, Kharpod, Harpote, Harput, Kharput, Kharpture, Khartaberd, Khartberd, Khartberg, Harput, Harput, Khoput, Khrphut, Khrapipak, Karverd, Karpur Hitler Ziad, Hiss Ziat, Hiss Ziat, Hiss Ziad, Hiss Ziat, Hersissiat, Charpicik-Galles, Hermann Ziad, Hess Ziad, Hitler Ziad, Hess Ziad, Hartz, Harbut, Haret Baret, Hartberd, The Fortress of the Sphinx-Galles, the Fortress of Sinamut, the Carpeard, Carpete, Carpode, Carpote, Carpute, Carpute, Carputeus, Karkatakert, Corbert, Cord Fortress - City (fortress, fortress, fortress) Arm in Armenia, in Kharberd, on the left side of the Arzacani River, on the left bank of Harput, on the slopes, 13-14 km away from the river. From K., it is a pond of Tsovk (Galeghekk), from which one of the origins of Tigris originates. In the summer it's cool, in winter it's cold. It is mentioned with many names and other titles. Arab authors are called Hiss Ziad, Turks, Harbut, or Harpoot. Some identify the Hordeber (t) of the Ancient Horde of the Fourth Apocalypse of the Greater Armenia, considering this transformational name. The stone was pre-assembled as a "stone" + fortress surrounded by rocks. Some connect it with the name of Khar C, which was allegedly found in ancient times in the territory of the Kh-thur, which is supposedly termed as "your way" and then "the fortress of the road." N. Adonts connects it with the name of Kharta, mentioned in the Assyrian cuneiform inscriptions. according to which he was Khartberd, then Kh, it is likely. Another version of the etiology of the Kh's is linked to the name of the goddess of the Hittite Hittite, whose sacred sanctuary is supposed to be found here.
In ancient times, H was entered into the Ancient Armenian genus of the Fourth Armenian. It was the economic and cultural hub of the same name and saddle. The data on the number of other Armenian citizens as well as their population are controversial. According to the church records, the Kharpert had close to 3,000 Armenian and Turkish households, of which 1830-1850 were about 25,000 inhabitants, of which 15,400 were Armenian. According to Eprigian's (Eprichenian) data, about 12,200 inhabitants, of which 6,080 were Armenian and 6,120 were other nationalities. 1895- 1896 Hamidian Massacres , during which Turks robbed and ruined Kharpert's Armenian neighborhoods, including their churches and educational buildings, massacring over 700 people, and forcibly converting about 200 hundred families (more than 1,000 Armenians) to Islam.
The Armenian population of the Kh's was occupied by crafts, trade, and partly by agriculture and horticulture. The craftsmen developed masonry, weaving and textile, painting, shoemaking, copper and tinplate. Silk and carpet weaving were of special significance. Gregory and Sargis Kyurkchyan brothers set up a silk factory here, which was destroyed by the Turkish authorities in 1894-96. Silk fabrics were also produced with silk. A large part of the production of the two limestone products was exported to Karin (Erzerum), Garahisar, Diyarbakir, Malatya, Palu and others. The number of KH carpet weaving enterprises reached 8. The carpets they produced were up to the US and had a great reputation in the market. In 1880, the Barikian Brothers founded an armature plant, which produced pump pumps, agricultural and craft tools, and home-made items.
Domestic and foreign trade was equally developed in the Kh. Hundreds of horses, silk, almonds, waxes, wines, sheepskins, carpets, silk and cotton fabrics were exported to a wide range of agricultural and artifacts, fruits and vegetables, and sold in hundreds of shops and kiosks. goods: The internal and external trade links of the Kh's had a more lively nature, especially over the decades following the last quarter of the 19th to the First World War. This was facilitated by the improvement and ruin of the Kh-Diyarbakir, Kh-Malatia, Kh-Kapanmade, Kh-Chmshchafagafline. At the beginning of the 20th century, the neighborhoods were Sinamot (in the two gorges), Stepanos and Karapet (Assyrians), the Upper Tir (Jacob or Missionary) neighborhoods occupying the highest altitude. The houses were massively stone-colored, most of them two-storied. The construction was done without a prior plan. That's why the buildings were mixed, the streets were narrow and creepy. The Armenian neighborhoods were relatively well-built, which were twice destroyed by Turkish genocides (1895-96 and 1915). The deportation of Armenians to the Caucasus began partially in the 1930s. However, mass emigration and forced deportation took place on June 26, 1915. At the end of the same year, after the great deportation, 2000 Armenians were left in your village, and in the 60s, 1000. The population of the Kh. Massacre was scattered across the globe. A considerable portion of them migrated and settled in the ASSR. The first inhabitants of the Nor Kharberd settlement (now called KA), founded in 1929 in Yerevan, were largely Kharberdians.
The most prominent of the antique antiquities was the castle, which was so famous throughout the Middle Ages and partly in the new era. It was located on a mountain of Armenian Taurus lukk, with a sharp steep slope and no need to build fences on this side. It is only fenced up and down. Berd's form, construction tricks and style are entirely Armenian, with significant elements of architectural art inherited from the 8th-7th centuries (BCE). Therefore, the construction of the fortress rising on the rocks is attributed to either Tsopats' ministers and kings (2nd millennium - 4th century) or our ancestors, the Urartians (880-860 BC). ) by rebuilding or rebuilding the ancient fortifications of the ancient fortifications. Inside Berd there are square rooms with unique structures, a few ditches that are drilled down into the cliff, into the rock and take us to different slopes. At the entrance there were still fences covered with double doors. One of the two doors was still there until 1915. Most of the towers were destroyed. There were separate sections of the wall and a tower. The siege was arcane, rocky stairs, secret holes, and roads. The fortress did not have water on the spot, the water was brought from the springs coming from the rocks.
In the second half of the 19th century, there were 6 Armenian churches built in different times and five in the church. One was Protestant. The Protestants were called the Blessed Virgin, the Turks called Kzelliklisa, while the others were named Garabed, Hakob, Nishan, Stepanos, and Sarkis. There were also some mosques and indulgent baths in K.
There are remarkable proofs of Matthew's of Urbain, Stephanos Asoghik, Mikhail Assory, Evliya Chlebbi and others, which are rich in antiquity stories on the site. Some think that K. Strabon's Stone Bath (Katharina) is the same. H Manandian puts the Ura fortress of the Hayasa-Aziz tribal unit in place, and others, as it has been said, identify the old Armenian with Horeberdi (Horeveddi). There was a history of political upheavals in Kh. In 654 it was occupied by the Arabs from Byzantium, in 751 again passed to the Byzantine Empire, 1057 was occupied by the Seljuks, then the Pilate Armenian prince. 12th century, Palac Turkish Empire, 15th century, Scandar Bek, who devastated and robbed it all the way. During the reign of Sultan Ahmed III in 1617, some Chopanoglu once again rebuilt the restored and surrounding areas by slaughtering the whole population. Nevertheless, it was one of the centers of Armenian culture in the 19th and early 20th centuries. There were 5 neighborhoods (including the Theological Seminary, the National Central School, the Hripsimean (Girls' College) and the Smbatyan Twin School with 410 (340 boys, 70 girls) pupils attached to the churches (1872-73). The school was called Euphrates, there were several boarding schools, orphanages, synagogues, and the mosque, and in 1880, the first performance was performed by Qajar Vardan.
It is one of the famous centers of Armenian literature. We have been copied to the gospels, Hyssmavour, Mashtots, Dish, and other books copied here. Only sixteen manuscripts are known only in the 15th century. One of the pennants of that century is the Minas sculptor, and from the flourishing, Grigor Tsaghkogh, who painted a Hyssmahur here in 1444. The "Euphrates" magazine (1909-1914), the "Dit" weekly newspaper (1913-1914) and the "Everything" weekly were published in the early 20th century. Here, an Armenian pedagogue was born: Prof. N. Yeprat. H Tenecekian (1864), philologist, playwright, educator, V. Tovmacanian (1884), sculptor Tur, Nshan Turunchian (1888), French-Armenian writer H. R. Zardaryan (1892), American Vahe Hayk (1896), philologist, geographer, poet M. H Hovhannisyan (1912), translator Hr. Bugikanian (1914).
Kharberdi Gavar, Kharberdi Gharavar, Kharberdi gavar - Gavar, Sanjak Arm in Armenia, in Kharberd River (vilayet), in its central part, in the lower valley of Aratsani. From the Arm and the Flea, it borders with the Malatia Coast of the same state, from the Sebastia (Sivas), the Aral, the same Cape of Dersim, and from the Diyarbakir tribe, on Monday. Corresponds to the Ancient Beat of the Fourth Hayq of Greater Armenia. The center was Harput. In the 16th-17th centuries Ottoman Empire was considered an imperial land and was called Harput. According to the Turkish sources in that period, he entered the Diyarbakir branch. In the new era (20th century), the name of the new center of throne and ridge was called Mammoth-ul-Aziz.
The Gav River flows through the rivers of the Euphrates and the Aratsan River, which flows into the Euphrates River. Most of the gav is field. At the end of the 19th century, it was divided into three zones: Arabkir, Akni (Ekin), Kebanmade (Kapan-Madan). Its territory was in line with the former Kharberd cave. It has a favorable and healthy climate, abundant and frost waters. People were long-lasting. There were people living for 100-120 years. According to statistics of the 19th century, the abdomen had 68-80 g of which 60 had been inhabited by Armenians. According to the Armenian press ("Arax", 1888, book B, page 21- 42), in 1888, the quaternary had 68g and 70000 inhabitants. According to official statistics in 1892, there were 25340 Armenians, 2265 other Turks (Turk, Kurdish, partly Assyrian). According to S. Eprikyan, in 1903 there were 40,000 Armenians and 16,418 non-residents. On the eve of deportation in 1915 the number of Armenians was about 65,000.
Wheat, barley, corn, rice, cotton, cigarettes, grapes, etc., were grown in the fertile areas of the Kh's ridge. It was known for its fruits - mulberry, apricot, pear, apple, black plum. The export of dried fruit was widespread. There were 3 copper mines, quarry, and coal. It was connected to 5 ports. On the shore of the Black Sea, Samson, Trabzon, Ordu, Kerason, on the shores of the Mediterranean coast, Iskenderun. From 1885, horses were exported to the hive since 1876, including fur, wool, rugs, silk, leather, soap, honey and other products. Imported: Linen, buffalo leather, sugar, paper, coffee, iron, oil, paint and so on. There were several schools in Gor, which had the monasteries of Abdelseh, St. Hovhannes, Gevorg (near Gulle) and Gevorg (near Sursurou). In the 1880's, about 1000 Armenians migrated to America, while Armenians of 53 Armenian populations were partially massacred, partly converted, 6023 families were robbed, and 1861 were burned during the 1895 massacre. According to Turkish sources, 50024 Armenians were deported from this country in 1915. Some of them have settled in Arle Armenia. Among the Armenian populations of the Khu Khan were Al-Mezire, Akhour, Aghnatsik, Astghik, Arpavot, Bazmashen, Barjandj, Geghvank, Gomk, Yildirnik, Ichme, Khokh, Khulagyugh, Khutlu (Tlkatin), Tsovk, Karmeri, Habus, Old Agarak, Husseyer, Mountaineer, Hoge, Manazur, Mezire (later, Yeghegi, Sursur, Kesirik, former village-suburbs, Morenik, Mozur Oglu, Mousse, Shamoush, Sheikh Haji, Sentil, Chorgygh, Vartir, Upper Mezire, Khorebe :
File: Kharputmap.jpg Source: Map of Armenia and Adjacent Countries by HFB Lynch & F. Oswa.
Also see Husanig a Harput town.

Latest revision as of 05:32, 15 October 2018

Armenians being marched out of Harput. Red Cross/Burning Tigris

Kharpert (Harput-Mezraa / Խարբերդ Մեզրե ). town in Western Armenia found in Kharpert Province.


Armenian church turned into parking lot

January 9, 2017 - 18:22 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - A dilapidated Armenian church in the Turkish city of Elazig (historic Kharberd) has been turned into a parking lot, Ermenihaber.am reports.

The walls of the Armenian Protestant church , which served as a place of worship for the Armenian and Assyrian communities alike, is now loaded with advertizing boards, installed by the managers of the parking lot.

The church has previously been used as a flour milling factory and a shopping center.

According to a local resident, this is not the first Christian monument to suffer such a fate.


This article contains text from a source with a copyright. Please help us by extracting the factual information and eliminating the rest in order to keep the site in accordance to fair use standards, or by obtaining permission for reuse on this site..

Needs Translation to English

Խարբերդ, (Харберд, Kharpert), Զեիդի ամրոց Զեիդի դղյակ. Զեիտի ամրոց, Խարաբութ, Խարապութ, Խարբերտ, Խարբուդ, Խարբութ, Խարբուտ, Խարթբերդ, Խարպերտ, Խարպեցիկ, Խարպոդե, Խարպոտե, Խարպութ, Խարպուտ, Խարպուրտ, Խարտաբերդ, Խարտբերդ, Խարտբերտ, Խարփութ, Խարփուտ, Խոփութ, Խրփութ, Խուրպիցակ, Կարբերդ, Կարպուր, Կորտբերտ, Հասանզատե, Հարյբերդ, Հարբուտ, Հարետ–Բարետ, Հարտբերդ, Հեսնա-դե–Զայդ, Հզնիզիատ, Հըսն Զիատ, Հըսն Զիյատ, Հիսն Զիադ, Հիսն Զիաթ, Հիսն Զիատ, Հիսն Զիյադ, Հիսն Զիյաթ, Հսնիզիյատ, Չարպիցիկ–գալեսի, Չրպիցիկ–գալեսի, Սինամուտի բերդ, Քարբերդ, Քարպետե, Քարպոդե, Քարպոտե, Քարպութ, Քարպուտ, Քարփութ, Քարքաթիակերտ, Քորբերդ, Քորդբերդ — Քաղաք (բերդաքաղաք, բերդ, ամրոց) Արմ Հայաստանում, Խարբերդի նահ-ում, Արածանիի ստորին հոսանքի ձախ կողմում, Խարբերդի դաշտում, գետափից 13—14 կմ հեռավորությամբ, սարավանդի վրա: Ք-ից հր-արլ Ծովք (Գյոլեջիկ) լճակն է, որտեղից սկիզբ է առնում Տիգրիսի ակունքներից մեկը: Ամռանը հով է, ձմռանը՝ ցուրտ: Հիշատակվում է անվան բազմաթիվ տարբերակներով և այլ անվանումներով: Արաբ հեղինակները Խ անվանում են Հիսն Զիադ, թուրքերը՝ Խարբութ կամ Խարփութ: Ոմանք նույնացնում են Մեծ Հայքի Չորրորդ Հայք աշխ–ի Անձիտ գավ–ի Հոռեբերդին (տ)՝ Խ համարելով այս անվան ձևափոխությունը: Խ նախապես ստուգաբանվել է «քար» + «բերդ» իբրև քարաժայռերով շրջապատված բք: Ոմանք այն կապում են Խ—ի տարածքում հնագույն ժամանակներում իբրև թե գտնված Խար գ-ի անվան հետ, որ խուրիերեն ստուգաբանվում է որպես «ճանապարհդ», ուրեմն՝ «ճանապարհի բերդ»: Ն. Ադոնցը այն կապում է ասորեստանյան սեպագիր արձանագրություններում հիշատակված Խարտա ք-ի անվան հետ. ըստ այսմ` եղել է Խարտբերդ, ապա Խ, որ հավանական է: Խ-ի ստուգաբանության մի այլ վարկած այն կապում է խեթա-խուրիական Խատի (Հաթի) աստվածուհու անվան հետ, որի մեհենական սրբավայրը ենթադրվում է, թե գտնվել է այստեղ:

Հնում Խ մտնում էր Մեծ Հայքի Չորրորդ Հայք աշխ-ի Անձիտ (Հանձիթ) գավ–ի մեջ: Համանուն նահ–ի և գավ–ի տնտեսական և մշակութային հանգույցն էր: Ինչպես Արմ Հայաստանի մյուս ք-երի, այնպես էլ սրա բնակչության թվի վերաբերյալ տվյալները հակասական են: According the church records (արժանահավատ վկայությունների) at the beginning of the 19th century, Kharpert had close to 3,000 Armenian and Turkish households, in the years 1830—1850 about 25,000 inhabitants, of which 15,400 were Armenian. According to Eprigian's (Էփրիկյան) data, at the beginning of the 20th century the city had about 12,200 inhabitants, of which 6,080 were Armenian and 6,120 were other nationalities. The decrease in Armenian population was due to the 1895– 1896 Hamidian Massacres, during which Turks robbed and ruined Kharpert's Armenian neighborhoods, including their churches and educational buildings, massacring over 700 people, and forcibly converting about 200 hundred families (more than 1,000 Armenians) to Islam.

Խ–ի հայ բնակչությունն զբաղվում էր արհեստներով, առևտրով և, մասամբ, երկրագործությամբ ու այգեգործությամբ: Արհեստներից զարգացած էին որմնադրությունը, ջուլհակությունն ու մանածագործությունը, ներկարարությունը, կոշկակարությունը, պղնձագոոծությունը, թիթեղագործությունը: Առանձնահատուկ նշանակություն էին սաացել մետաքսագործությունն ու գորգագործությունը: Գրիգոր և Սարգիս Քյուրքչյան եղբայրները այստեղ հիմնել էին մետաքսի գործարան, որը 1894—96 թթ քարուքանդ էր արվել թուրքական իշխանությունների ձեռքով: Մետաքսի հետ արտադրվում էին նաև բամբակի գործվածքներ: Կտավագործական երկու ձեռնարկությունների արտադրանքի զգալի մասը արտահանվում էր Կարին (էրզրում), Գարահիսար, Դիարբեքիր, Մալաթիա, Բալու և այլ ք-ներ: Խ–ի գորգագործական ձեռնարկությունների թիվը հասնում էր 8-ի: Սրանց արտադրած գորգերը, որ հասնում էին մինչև ԱՄՆ, շուկայում մեծ համբավ ունեին: 1880 թ սկղբին Բարիկյան եղբայրներն այստեղ հիմնել էին գործիքաշինական գործարան, որն արտադրում էր ջրհան պոմպեր, գյուղատնտեսական ու արհեստավորական գործիքներ, տնային գործածության իրեր:

Խ-ում հավասարապես զարգացած էր և՛ ներքին, և՛ արտաքին առևտուրը: Նրա ընդարձակ շուկա-հրապարակում և դրա հարյուրի հասնող խանութներում ու կրպակներում վաճառվում էին գյուղատնտեսական ու արհեստավորական բազմատեսակ ապրանքներ, մրգեր, շինվածքներ, Խ-ից արտահանվում էին հաշիշ, մետաքս, նուշ, մեղրամոմ, գինի, ոչխարի մորթի, գորգեր, մետաքսյա ու բամբակյա գործվածքներ և այլ ապրանքներ: Խ-ի ներքին և արտաքին առևտրական կապերն ավելի աշխույժ բնույթ ունեին մանավանդ 19-րդ դ վերջին քառորդից մինչև առաջին համաշխարհային պատերազմն ընկած տասնամյակներում: Դրան նպաստում էին Խ—Դիարբեքիր, Խ-Մալաթիա, Խ—Կապանմադեն, Խ-Չմշկածագ սայլուղիների բարեկարգումն ու խճապատումը: 20-րդ դ սկզբին ք-ի, թաղերն էին՝ Սինամոտ («երկու ձորի մեջ»), սրանից վեր բարձրացող ս Ստեփանոս և ս Կարապետ (ասորիների), ք-ի տարածքի արմ բարձունքներն զբաղեցնող Վերի թաղ (ս Հակոբի կամ Միսիոներների) թաղերը: Տները զանգվածորեն քարակերտ էին, մեծ մասը՝ երկհարկանի: Կառուցապատումը կատարված էր առանց նախօրոք կազմված հատակագծի: Այդ պատճառով էլ ք-ի շենքերը խառնիխուռն էին, փողոցները` նեղ ու ծուռումուռ: Համեմատաբար բարեկարգ էին միայն հայկական թաղերը, որոնք էլ երկու անգամ (1895—96 և 1915 թթ) ավերվել են թուրք ցեղասպանների կողմից: Խ–ի հայերի գաղթը դեպի Կովկաս մասնակիորեն սկսվել էր 19-րդ դ 50-ական թթ–ից: Սակայն զանգվածային արտագաղթն ու բռնի տեղահանությունը տեղի է ունեցել 1915 թ հունիսի 26-ից: Նույն թ վերջերին, մեծ տեղահանությունից հետո ք-ում մնացել էր 2000 հայ բնակիչ, իսկ 60-ական թթ՝ 1000: Խ-ի կոտորածից փրկված բնակչությունը սփռվեց աշ խարհով մեկ: Նրանց մի զգալի մասը գաղթել ու բնակություն է հաստատել ՀՍԱՀ-ում: Երևանի հր–արլ կողմում 1929 թ հիմնադրված Նոր Խարբերդ ավանի (այժմ՝ քտա) առաջին բնակիչները հիմնականում խարբերդցիներ էին:

Խ–ի հնությունների մեջ ամենից նշանավորը բերդն էր, որով ք-ն այնքան հայտնի էր ամբողջ միջնադարում և մասամբ նոր ժամանակներում: Այն գտնվում էր Հայկական Տավրոս լհմկ–ին պատկանող մի լեռնագագաթի վրա, որի հր–արլ կողմը խիստ զառիվեր է և անհրաժեշտություն չի զգացվել այս կողմում պարսպապատեր կառուցել: Պարսպապատվել է միայն հս և արլ կողմերից: Բերդի ձևը, շինարարական հնարքներն ու ոճը լիովին հայկական են՝ 8—7-րդ դդ–ից (մ.թ.ա.) ժառանգված ճարտարապետական արվեստի նկատելի տարրերով: Այդ պատճառով էլ ապառաժների վրա բարձրացող այդ բերդի կառուցումը վերագրում են կամ Ծոփաց նախարար ներին ու թագավորներին (2-րդ դ մթ ա — 4-րդ դ մ թ), կամ էլ՝ մեր նախնիներին՝ ուրարտացիներին (880 — 860 մ.թ.ա.)` առաջիններին (ծոփացիներին) հա մարելով խոր հնից գոյություն ունեցող բերդի սոսկ վերակառուցողներ կամ վերանորոգողներ: Բերդի ներսում կան ինքնատիպ կառուցվածքներով քառակուսի սենյակներ, մի քանի ներքնուղիներ, որոնք փորված են բերդի տակ, ժայռի մեջ և տանում են դեպի տարբեր կող մեր: Մուտքի մոտ դեռևս պահպանվում էին պարսպահատվածները՝ կրկնակի դռներով: Երկու դռներից մեկը մինչև 1915 թ դեռևս կար: Աշտարակներից շատերը կործանված էին: Կանգուն էին արլ պարսպի առանձին հատվածներ և մի աշտարակ: Կիսակործան վիճակում պահ պանվում էին կամարներ, ժայռափոր աստիճաններ, գաղտնի անցքեր, ճանապարհներ: Բերդը տեղում ջուր չի ունեցել, ջուրը բերվել է ժայռի ստորոտում բխող աղբյուրներից:

19-րդ դ երկրորդ կեսին Խ–ում կային տարբեր ժամանակներում կառուցված և տարբեր վիճակներում գտնվող հայկական 6 եկեղեցի, 5-ը լուսավորչական, մեկը՝ բողոքական: Բողոքականներինը կոչվում էր ս Աստվածածին, որը թուրքերը անվանում էին Կզըլքիլիսա, իսկ մյուսները կրում էինի ս Կարապետ, ս Հակոբ, ս Նշան, ս Ստեփանոս, ս Սարգիս անունները: Ք-ում կային նաև մի քանի մզկիթներ և անշուք բաղնիքներ:

Խ–ի մասին կան Մատթեոս Ուռհայեցու, Ստեփանոս Ասողիկի, Միխայիլ Ասորու, էվլիա Չելեբիի և ուրիշների ուշագրավ վկայությունները, որոնք տեղում պահպանված հնությունների հետ հարուստ նյութ են նրա պատմության ամբողջացման համար: Ոմանք կարծում են, թե Խ Ստրաբոնի հիշատակած Կար կաթիակերտն (Քարքաթիակերտ) է: Հ. Մանանդյանը Խ–ի տեղում է դնում Հայասա-Ազզի ցեղային միության Ուրա ամրոցը, իսկ ուրիշներն, ինչպես ասվեց, այն նույնացնում են հին հայկա կան Հորեբերդի (Հոռեբերդի) հետ: Քաղաքական ելևէջներով լեցուն պատմություն է ունեցել Խ: 654 թ այն Բյուզանդիայից գրավել են արաբները, 751-ին նորից անցել է Բյուզանդական կայսրությանը, 1057 թ գրավել են սելջուկները, ապա Փիլարտոս հայ իշխանը: 12-րդ դ՝ Պալակ Թուրք ամիրան, 15-րդ դ՝ Սկանդար Բեկը, որն ավերեց և կողոպուտի ենթարկեց ամբողջ ք: 1617թ սուլթան Ահմեդ III-ի օրոք ոմն Չոփանօղլի նորից է ավերում մասամբ վերականգնված ք ու շրջակա գ-երը՝ սրի քաշելով ամբողջ բնակչությանը: Այսուհանդերձ, Խ 19-րդ դ-ում և 20-րդ դ-ի սկզբներին հայ մշակույթի կենտրոններից էր: Այստեղ եկեղեցիներին կից գործում էին թաղային 5 կրթարաններ (այդ թվում՝ Աստվածաբանական Ճեմարան, Ազգային կենտրոնական վարժարան, Հռիփսիմյան (աղջկանց վարժարան) և Սմբատյան երկսեռ վարժարան՝ 410 (340 տղա, 70 աղջիկ) աշակերտներով (1872—73 թթ): Ք–ի միակ միջնակարգ դպրոցը Եփրատ անունով կոլեջն էր: Գործում էին մի քանի գիշերօթիկներ, որբանոցներ, ժողովարաններ և առաջնորդարան: 1880 թ այստեղ բեմադրվեց «Քաջն Վարդան» առաջին ներկայացումը:

Խ հայ գրչության հայտնի կենտրոններից է: Մեզ են հասել այստեղ ընդօրինակված ավետարաններ, Հայսմավուրք, Մաշտոց, Ճաշոց և այլ մատյաններ: Միայն 15-րդ դ-ում ընդօրինակվածներից հայտնի են 6 ձեռագրեր: Այդ դարի գրիչներից է Մինաս դպիրը, իսկ ծաղկողներից` Գրիգոր Ծաղկողը, որը 1444 թ այստեղ նկարազար դել է մի Հայսմավուրք: Խ—ում 20-րդ դ սկզբներին հրատարակվել են «Եփրատ» հանդեսը (1909 — 1914 թթ), «Դէտ» երկշաբաթաթերթը (1913 — 1914 թթ), «Ամենուն համար» շաբաթաթերթը: Այստեղ են ծնվել հայ մանկավարժ, Եփրատ կոլեջի պրոֆ Ն. Հ. Թենեքեճյանը (1864 թ), բանասեր, թատերագիր, մանկավարժ, Թ. Վ. Թովմաճանյանը (1884 թ), քանդակագործ Թուրը՝ Նշան Թուրունճյանը (1888 թ), ֆրանսահայ գրող Հ. Ռ. Զարդարյանը (1892 թ), ամերիկահայ Վահե Հայկը (1896 թ), բանասեր, աշխարհագետ, բանաստեղծ Մ. Հ. Հովհաննիսյանը (1912 թ), թարգմանիչ Հր. Բուջիկանյանը (1914 թ):

Խարբերդի Գավառ, Харбрди гавар, Kharberdi gavar - Գավառ, (սանջակ) Արմ Հայաստանում, Խարբեր դի նահ–ում (վիլայեթում), նրա կենտրոնական մասում, Արածանիի ստորին հոսանքի հովտում: Արմ–ից և հր–ից սահմանակից է նույն նահանգի Մալաթիայի գավ-ին, հս-ից՝ Սեբաստիայի (Սվազի) նահ-ին, արլ-ից՝ նույն նահ–ի Դերսիմի գավ-ին, հր–արլ–ից` Դիարբեքիրի նահ–ին: Համապատասխանում է Մեծ Հայքի Չորրորդ Հայք աշխ-ի Անձիտ գավ–ին: Կենտրոնն էր Խարբերդ ք—ը: 16—17–րդ դդ օսմանյան տիրապետության շրջ—ում համարվել է կայսերական գավ և անվանվել է Խարփութ: Ըստ այդ շրջ-ի թուրքական աղբյուրների մտնում էր Դիարբեքիրի նահ–ի մեջ: Նոր ժամանակներում (20-րդ դ) նահ–ի և գավ–ի նոր կենտրոնի անունով կոչվել է Մեմուրեթ-ուլ-Ազիզ:

Գավ–ի տարածքով հոսում են Արմ Եփրատ և Արածանի գետերը, որոնք կազ մում են Եփրատ գետը: Գավ–ի մեծ մասը դաշտային է: 19-րդ դ վերջերին բաժանված էր երեք գվռկ-ների՝ Արաբկիրի, Ակնի (Էկինի), Քեբանմադենի (Կապան-մադենի): Վերջինիս տարածքը համապատասխանում էր նախկին Խարբերդի գվռկ–ին: Ունի նպաստավոր և առողջարար կլիմա, առատ և սառնորակ ջրեր: Մարդիկ երկարակյաց էին. կային 100—120 տարի ապրողներ: 19-րդ դ վերջին տասնամյակների վիճակագրությամբ գավ-ն ուներ 68—80 գ, որոնցից մոտ 60-ը հայաբնակ շեն գ-եր էին: Հայ մամուլի («Արաքս», 1888, գիրք Բ, էջ 21– 42) տվյալներով 1888-ին գավ-ը ուներ 68 գ՝ 70000 բնակչով: 1892 թ պաշտոնական վիճակագրությամբ ուներ 25340 հայ, 2265 այլազգի (թուրք, քուրդ, մասամբ՝ ասորի) բնակիչ: Ս Էփրիկյանի տվյալներով 1903 թ ուներ 40000 հայ և 16418 այլազգի բնակիչ: 1915 թ բռնագաղթի նախօրեին հայության թիվը մոտ 65000 էր:

Խ-ի գավ–ի բերրի տարածություններում աճում էին ցորեն, գարի, եգիպտացորեն, բրինձ, բամբակ, ծխախոտ, խաղող ևն: Հայտնի էր իր մրգերով` թութ, ծիրան, տանձ, խնձոր, սև սալոր: Տարածված էր չրի արտահանությունը: Ուներ պղնձի 3 հանք, քարհանք, քարածուխ: Կապված էր 5 նավահանգիստների հետ. Սև ծովի ափին՝ Սամսոն, Տրապիզոն, Օրդու, Կերասոն, Միջերկ րականի ափին՝ Իսքենդերուն: 1885 թ գավ–ից արտահանվում էր հաշիշ, որ մուտք էր գործել 1876 թ-ից, մորթեղեն, բուրդ, գորգեր, մետաքսեղեն, կաշի, օճառ, մեղր և այլ ապրանքներ: Ներմուծում էր` կտավեղեն, գոմեշի կաշի, շաքար, թուղթ, սուրճ, երկաթ, նավթ, ներկ ևն: Գոր ծում էին մի քանի վարժարաններ, ուներ Աբդլմսեհի, ս Հովհաննու, ս Գևորգի (Գուլե գ-ի մոտ), ս Գևորգի (Սյուրսյուրու գ-ի մոտ) վանքերը: 1880-ական թթ մոտ 1000 հայ գաղթել են Ամերիկա, 1895 թ կոտորածի ժամանակ 53 հայաբնակ գ-երի հայությունը մասամբ կոտորվել է, մասամբ հավատափոխ արվել, կողոպտվել է 6023 ընտանիք, այրվել` 1861 տ: Ըստ թուրքական աղբյուրների 1915 թ այստեղից տարագրվել է 50024 հայ: Սրանց մի մասը բնակություն է հաստատել Արլ Հայաստանում: Խ–ի գավ–ի հայաբնակ գ-երից էին՝ Ալ Մեզիրե, Ախոռ, Աղնցիք, Աստղիկ, Արփավոտ, Բազմաշեն, Բարջանճ, Գեղվանք, Գոմք, Երդմնիկ, Իչմե, Խոխ, Խուլագյուղ, Խույլու (Թլկատին), Ծովք, Կարմրի, Հաբուսի, Հին Ագարակ, Հյուսեյնիկ, Հնձվոր, Հողե, Մանազուր, Մեզիրե (հետո՝ ք, Եղեգի, Սուրսուրի, Քեսիրիկ նախկին գյուղ-արվարձաններով, Մորենիկ, Մուզուր Օղլու, Մուսե, Շամուշի, Շեյխ Հաջի, Շենթիլ, Չորգեղ, Վարդաթիլ, Վերին Մեզիրե, Քեորբե ևն:

File:Kharputmap.jpg Source: Map of Armenia and Adjacent Countries by H.F.B. Lynch & F. Oswa.


<googlemap lat="38.674521" lon="39.219561" zoom="14"> 38.677262, 39.224372, Armenian Protestant Church - walls still standing </googlemap>