Yaghli (Cheese paklava)
1/2 lb. Phyllo dough (20 sheets)
1/2 lb. sweet butter, melted and clarified
1/2 lb. raw curd cheese, thinly sliced
sugar syrup or powdered sugar
1. Brush an 11" x 16' baking pan with butter.
2. Place 2 sheets of dough in the pan, and brush with melted butter.
3. Continue adding 2 sheets at a time, and brushing with butter until 10 sheets have been used.
4. Place cheese slices evenly on the stacked sheets.
5. Sprinkle some sugar on the cheese slices.
6. Continue with the remaining sheets as before.
7 .Reserve one untorn sheet for the top, and brush well with butter.
8. Cut into 8 rectangular portions.
9. Bake in 375* oven for 30-35 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and separate pieces.
11. Serve hot with sugar syrup or powdered sugar.