Help someone in Armenia today by giving them a micro business loan!
|Birth name|| Sos Isaakovich Alikhanyan|
|Name in Armenian|| Սոս Ալիխանյան|
|Birth date|| 26 November 1906|
|Death date|| 1985/01/26|
|Death year|| 1985|
Sos Isaakovich Alikhanyan (Russian: Сос Исаакович Алиханян ; born November 26, 1906) — was a Soviet/Armenian geneticist, Professor (1960), Doctor of Biological Sciences (1958), one of the founders of several research directions in the Soviet genetic engineering. Author of several books on genetics. Sos Alikhanyan worked at the Kurchatov Institute of Atomic Energy, Moscow State University, and the State Institute of Genetics and Selection of Industrial Microorganisms. Geneticist Sos Alikhanian is one of the founders of molecular genetics in the USSR. Alikhanyan took active part in organizing and directing the national journal "Genetics".
Sos Alikhanyan was born in Baku in 1906. He graduated from the school in Tbilisi In 1930 he graduated from the Moscow Institute of National Economy. 1931-1948 — worked at the Department of Genetics in the Moscow State University. 1956-1968 — worked at the Kurchatov Institute of Atomic Energy. 1968-1975 — headed the State Research Institute of Genetics and Selection of Industrial Microorganisms which was organized with his efforts in 1968. Currently the Institute is a leading biotechnology institute of the Russian Federation and the center of modern molecular genetics of microorganisms.
- Современная генетика, М., 1967. Modern genetics 1967, Moscow, Science - 194 pages. (In Russian)
- Селекция промышленных микроорганизмов, М., 1968. Selection of Industrial Microorganisms 1968, Moscow, Science - 391 pages (In Russian)
- Актуальные вопросы современной генетики. Издательство Московского университета, Actual issues of modern genetics 1966, Medical - 601 pages (In Russian)
- Генетика и селекция микроорганизмов. Genetics and selection of microorganisms 1964, Moscow, Science - 304 pages (In Russian)
- Вопросы молекулярной генетики и генетики микроорганизмов изд."Наука", 1968 Questions of Molecular Genetics and Genetics of Microorganisms - 244 pages (In Russian)
- Общая генетика Высшая школа, 1985, General Genetics School Superior - 445 pages (In Russian)
- Ассоциация выпускников РЭА им. Г.В.Плеханова. Association of graduates of the Russian Economic Academy named after Plekhanov (In Russian)
- История института молекулярной генетики РАН. History of the Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences (In Russian)
- Энциклопедия фонда «Хайазг». Encyclopedia of Fund "Hayazg" (In Russian)
- Վիքիփեդիա՝ ազատ հանրագիտարան - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (In Armenian)