Moro Dzoro Monastery

From Armeniapedia.org
Jump to: navigation, search

Lusahovit (332 p, until 1978 Tsrviz), with the Moro-Dzoro or Tsrviz Vank of the 5-12th c.. Atabek Ivane Zakarian sponsored the rebuilding of the dome of the Astvatsatsin Church in 1213. Among the rich inscriptions is one by King Georgi of Georgia (1156-84) the father of Queen Tamar, freeing the monastery from taxes and endowing it with land. The Tsrviz medieval settlement nearby has khachkars.

Source: Rediscovering Armenia




Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Databases
Toolbox