Born in Toronto in 1945. He completed an Honours BA in French language and literature from the University of Toronto, an MA in Comparative Literature at Carleton University and a PhD. in Comparative Literature at l'Université de Montréal. He founded and edited Manna: a review of contemporary poetry (1971 to 1974). He lived, taught and wrote in the Montreal area for 20 years. In 1994, he moved to Kingston, Ontario, where he was Professor and Head of the Department of English at the Royal Military College of Canada. He retired in 2010 as Professor Emeritus. He is working on new works of fiction, poetry and drama and has written a filmscript and made a short film, So Far From Home. He plans to make more films. Visit his blog at lorneshirinian.com
- Rough Landing. Kingston: Blue Heron Press, 2000.
- The Blue Heron Press Anthology: New Voices from Kingston: Blue Heron Press, 2000 (edited and appeared in)
- Earthquake. Lewiston, NY: the Edwin Mellen Press, 1991.
- Poems of Dispersion and Other Rites of Movement. Toronto: Manna Publising, 1977.
- Armenian North American Poets: An Anthology: Manna Publishing, 1974 (edited and appeared in)
- Manuscript: Tom Sturgess. Abbey Publishers: Toronto, 1972.
- Love Hemorrhage: Blue Heron Press, 2007.
- When Darkness Falls Upon Us. Kingston: Blue Heron Press, 2005.
- Memory's Orphans. Kingston: Blue Heron Press, 2003.
- History of Armenia and Other Fiction. Kingston: Blue Heron Press, 1999.
- Beginnings and Ends. Toronto: the Zoryan Institute, 1991.
- The Key and Other Stories: Manna Publishing, 1977.
- Monumental: Blue Heron Press, 2010 (forthcoming)
- This Dark Thing: Two One Act Plays. Kingston: Blue Heron Press, 2004.
- Exile in the Cradle. Kingston: Blue Heron Press, 2003.
- Armenian North American Literature, A Critical Introduction: Genocide, Diaspora, and Symbols. Lewiston, NY: Edwin Mellen Press, 1990.
- The Republic of Armenia and the Rethinking of the North American Diaspora in Literature. Lewiston, NY: Edwin Mellen Press, 1992.
- The Impact of the Armenian Genocide: Eighty-Three Years of Survival and Memory in the Armenian Diaspora. Toronto: Lectures and Papers in Ethnicity, Number 27, University of Toronto, 1998.
- Survivor Memoirs of the Armenian Genocide. Reading, England: Taderon Press, 1999.
- Quest for Closure: The Armenian Genocide and the Search for Justice in Canada. Kingston: Blue Heron Press, 1999.
- Writing Memory: The Search for Home in Armenian Diaspora Literature as Cultural Practice. Kingston: Blue Heron Press, 2000.
- The Armenian Genocide: Resisting the Inertia of Indifference (co-authored with Alan Whitehorn). Kingston: Blue Heron Press, 2001.
- The Landscape of Memory: Perspectives on the Armenia Diaspora. Kingston: Blue Heron Press, 2004
- Under Fire: The Canadian Imagination and War: Blue Heron Press, 2005 (edited and appeared in)
- The Georgetown Boys, by Jack Apramian: The Zoryan Institute, 2009 [Shirinian revised, edited and wrote the introduction to the book]
Lorne Shirinian's books can be purchased from Blue Heron Press, 160 Greenlees Drive, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7K 6P4.
Visit their website: www.blueheronpress.ca. Tel: (613) 549-4334.