The monastic complex with its spacey yard divided into two parts. The monuments of the northern group present three churches and one common for all of them three-arch vestibule-chapel.To the northern wall of the vestibule joins a rectangular half-destroyed building, most likely an ancient dining-hall. A little towards north-west are seen ruins of monastic cells and economic constructions. Among them are scattered several wholly-preserved khachkars with relief pictures of riders.
The vault of the largest, southern church has collapsed, the other parts have preserved quite well. The walls are built from roughly-trimmed stone. Trimmed stone was only used for alter-rising, on which is carved a 12-line inscription dated 1265.
The constructions of yard's southern wing consist from two buildings, connected with each other by two door-passages.
The bathing-house is an interesting construction, from which have preserved half-destroyed walls, with put in them tens of clay-pipes. Separate ornamental motives, mainly reliefs of grape-bunches on some khachkars and gravestones point that Anapat monastery was founded before XIIc. Towards east from the dessert is situated the cemetery, occupying a large territory.
Far from Kachaghakaberd, in the blue fog traces another beautiful sight- in the general picture of the high rocks is hardly noticed Tartar's valley, famous for its secular oldness.