Translation of Hovhannes Tumanian poem
- Sweet comrade, when you come some day
- To gaze upon my tomb,
- And scattered all around it see
- Bright flowers in freshest bloom,
- Think not that those are common flowers
- Which at your feet are born,
- Or that the Spring has brought them there
- My new home to adorn.
- They are my songs unsung, which used
- Within my heart to hide;
- They are the words of love I left
- Unuttered when I died.
- They are my ardent kisses, dear,
- Sent from that world unknown,
- The path to which before you lies
- Blocked by the tomb alone!