Glorgov yukhni (Lamb/ wheatball stew)
GLORGOV YUKHNI (Lamb w/Bulghour meatballs)
1 lb lamb neck bones for stew
1 ½ lb. ground lamb
1 ½ cups #2 bulghour wheat
1 ¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
⅔ cup water
1 small onion, sliced
1 small bunch of parsley, trimmed
1 small loaf of crusty bread
1. Place neck bones in a stockpot and add water to cover. Cover the pot and boil until meat is cooked.
2. Mix ground meat and bulghour. Add a little water and knead well.
3. With wet hands, make meatballs the size of apricots.
4. When neck bones have been cooked, remove any meat remaining on the bones, and discard the bones.
5. Add the meatballs to the cooked meat, and add water as necessary.
6. Cover and let simmer until meatballs are cooked.
Serve in shallow dish with some jinj (gravy) and garnish with onions and parsley.
Dunk chunks of bread in the jinj.