Cossack Monument in Yerevan
The Monument is situated near the Russian Orthodox Church in Yerevan. It is dedicated to the Cossacks killed during the Russian-Persian wars in 1826-1827 and words "To the Cossacks of Russia from grateful Armenian people" are inscribed on the gravestone. It is placed where a Cossack regiment, whose soldiers gave lost their lives defending Armenia, was quartered.
The Monument was unveiled in October 2005. At the ceremony of consecration there were present Russian Ambassador to Armenia and RA Ambassador to Russia, by then governor of Rostov Oblast Vladimir Chub, Mayors of Rostov-on-Don Mikhail Chernishev and of Yerevan Yervand Zakharian as well as the RA Minister of territorial integrity, head of the national security service and chief of the Armenian police.
The construction of the memorial was financed by the Armenian community of Rostov with the assistance of the Yerevan City Administration.
- MONUMENT TO COSSACKS - HEROES OF RUSSIAN-PERSIAN WAR ERECTED IN YEREVAN, PanARMENIAN.Net, October 10 2005.