Bako Sahakian was elected president of Nagorno-Karabakh.
Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Central Electoral Commission official results of the elections of the Republic President.
85.12% voted for Bako Sahakian.
12.5% voted for NKR Deputy FM Masis Mailian.
The rest of the nominees received much less votes.
Thus, the NKR people have elected their third President - Bako Sahakian in the first round of voting.
Foreign observers and journalists accredited at the elections have ascertained both high activeness of the voters and transparency of the NKR presidential elections.
Bako Sahakian was born on August 30, 1960, in the city of Stepanakert.
1977 - Graduated from Stepanakert secondary school N1.
1978-1980 - Served at the Soviet Army.
1981 - Employed at the Stepanakert Industrial-Mechanized Integrated Plant N9 as a metalworker and mechanical engineer. In a year he was transferred to Stepanakert Integrated Plant on Building Materials as a worker on the stone's breaking up.
1983-1987 - Worked as a foreman-restorer at the Stepanakert branch of the scientific department on the restoration of ancient monuments.
1987-1990 - Worked at the regional administration on supply as a supplier.
Since 1988 Bako Sahakian has become known as an activist of Artsakh Movement.
- 1990 - Joined NKR Self Defense Forces.
- 1992-1993 - Deputy Head of the Committee of NKR Self Defense Forces
- 1993-1995 - Head of NKR AR Headquarters on the rear
- 1995-1996 - NKR AR Deputy Commander on External Relations
- 1996-1997 - Deputy Commander of NKR AR 10th Mountain Rifle Division on the rear
- 1997-1999 - Assistant to RA Minister for Home Affairs and National Security
- 1999-2001 - NKR Minister for Home Affairs Since
- 2001 - Head of NKR State Department of National Security - Director of NKR NS
Has been awarded an order "Fighting Cross" of the first degree, "Sparapet Vazgen Sargsian" and RF order "Peter the Great" of the first degree, the medal "For the Services to the Motherland" of the first degree and other medals.
Bako Sahakian is a member of RF Academy on Security, Defense and Legality.
He graduated from the Department of Law at Artsakh State University.
Bako Sahakian is married; he has two children.