Ayrk (Arm: Այրք), Gegharkunik Marz
Village of Ayrk* =30= (348 p, till recently Dashkend). In Ayrk, take the right fork at the village store, and watch out on the right for the Astvatsatsin Church (dated 1181) and, 150 m beyond, the Katoghike S. Gevorg church of 13th c., both with substantial graveyards. Between the two churches are massive stone walls of an Iron Age fortification, with shallow caves below.
Source: Rediscovering Armenia Guidebook