Help someone in Armenia today by giving them a micro business loan!
Photo credit: Lusine Nerkararyan 2009
|Profession|| Professor, Author, Political Scientist, Poet|
Alan Whitehorn is an emeritus professor at the Royal Military College of Canada. He received his BA (York) in Political Science & History and his MA and PhD (Carleton) in political science. In the mid-seventies, he served as the research director on the David Lewis memoirs. From 1978 to 2011 he was a professor of political science at RMC. In the mid-1990s, he was the first holder of the JS Woodsworth Chair in Humanities at Simon Fraser University. He was also a cross-appointed professor at Queen's University. As an academic, he writes on the topics of genocide, human rights, political parties and elections. As a poet, he explores the issue of genocide and its impact on Armenian-Canadian identity.
- Canadian Socialism: Essays on the CCF-NDP. Oxford, Toronto, 1992
- Political Activists: The NDP in Convention. Oxford, Toronto, 1997 (coauthor)
- Party Politics in Canada, 8th edition. Pearson Education, Toronto, 2000 (coeditor)
- The Armenian Genocide: Resisting the Inertia of Indifference. Blue Heron, Kingston, 2001 (coauthor)
- Poems: Political and Philosophical. Hybrid, Winnipeg, 2002
- Ancestral Voices: Identity, Ethnic Roots and A Genocide Remembered. Hybrid, Winnipeg, 2007
- Just Poems: Reflections on the Armenian Genocide. Hybrid, Winnipeg, 2009
- Return to Armenia/Veradardz depi Hayastan. Lusakn, Yerevan, 2012
- The Armenian Genocide: The Essential Reference Guide. ABC-CLIO, Santa Barbara, 2015 (editor)
- The Armenian Genocide: A Century of Remembrance and Denial
- gold medal, Ministry of Culture, Armenia, 2011
- gold medal, Writers' Union of Armenia,, 2015