Aghbradzor St. Grigor Church
The Aghbradzor St. Grigor church was discovered in 1999 by Atom Kyureghian of Haytagh Village in the Kashatagh (Lachin) region of Nagorno-Karabakh. The church sits in a ravine in the forests abutting Haytagh Village. The church was first surveyed by Alexan Hakopyan, marzpet (governor) of Kashatagh at that time. Partially legible carvings on a khatchkar at the church proclaim that Prince Grigor, son of princes, built the church in 1068-1069. Based on these carvings, Hakopyan called the church "Aghbradzor St. Grigor." In August, 2006, an expedition photographed and surveyed the church, and assembled some of the khatchkars that lay in pieces around the church walls. A full account of the expedition, published in the September 9, 2006 English edition of "Asbarez" Daily Newspaper, can be found at http://www.vahep.com/Pages/History001.html.