Difference between revisions of "Setrak Setrakian"
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
Revision as of 15:07, 8 May 2007
Setrak Setrakian (b. 1938, Aleppo), Lebanese composer and pianist, former Director of Ganatchian Music College/Beirut, Professor of Piano, Harmony and Composition, author of approximately 400 musical compositions.
- 1950-1960 Studied piano, solfeggio, theory and harmony with Prof. Ernest Chouha in "Ernest Chouha" Music College in Aleppo.
- 1961-1962 Studied piano, harmony with Prof. T. Succar, Mrs. Turkiyeh and Prof. Michel Tcheskinov at the National Conservatory of Lebanon.
- 1962-1964 Studied in the National Conservatoire of Damascus harmony and composition with Prof. Sergey Schydril.
- 1964-1965 Studied piano and composition with Prof. Gunther Kohl in Jerusalem.
- 1966-1970 In Aleppo and Damascus gave lessons of piano and harmony.
- 1971-1972 Invited to the "Komitas" Conservatory of Yerevan to specialize with the following professors:
- Edward Mirzoyan Composition
- Edvard Baghdasaryan Harmony
- Krikor Hakhinyan Polyphony
- Gevork Armenyan Orchestration
- Elenora Adamyan Piano
- Avet Derderyan Opera Composition
- 1974-1978 Professor of piano at the Collège Mont la Salle, Ain Saadeh Beirut.
- 1978-1980 Professor of piano at the Collège des Apôtres, Jounieh Beirut.
- 1980-1985 Professor of piano in Beirut. (private lessons)
- 1985-1988 Professor of piano and music at the Armenian Theological Seminary of the Catholicosate of Cilicia, Beirut.
- 1986-1987 Professor of piano and harmony at P. Ganatchian Music College, Beirut.
- 1987 -1999 Director and Professor of piano, harmony, composition, and music analysis, at P. Ganatchian Music College, Beirut.
- 1994 Awarded the St. Mesrob Mashdotz Medal of Honor by Catholicos Karekin II.