Michael E. Stone
Michael Stone, born in Leeds, U.K., in 1938. Ph.D. from Harvard University. Professor of Armenian Studies and Gail Levin de Nur Professor of Religious Studies at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Selected Bibliography Books and Monographs (In addition to over 250 articles in Scholarly Journals)
1. (editorial assistant), Scrolls from the Wildlerness of the Dead Sea. ASOR, 1965.
2. The Testament of Levi: A First Study of the Armenian Manuscripts of the Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs in the Convent of St. James, Jerusalem. Jerusalem: St. James Press, 1969.
3. The Manuscript Library of the Armenian Patriarchate in Jerusalem. Jerusalem: St. James Press, 1969.
4. Apocryphal Fragments from Qumran and the Church Fathers. Jerusalem: Akademon, 1970 (with the assistance of E. Shefer; in Hebrew). * ed. Jerusalem: Akademon, 1970.
5. The Books of the Life of Adam and Eve and IV Baruch. Jerusalem: Akademon, 1970.
6. Concordance and Texts of Armenian IV Ezra. Oriental Notes and Studies, Jerusalem: Israel Oriental Society, 1971. 11,
7. The Testament of Abraham: A Translation of the Greek Versions. Texts and Translations Pseudepigrapha Series, 2. Missoula: Scholars Press, 1972.
8. Texts for the Understanding of Jewish and Pagan Religiosity in the Graeco-Roman Period. Jerusalem: Akademon, 1973.
9. The Armenian Version of the Testament of Joseph. Texts and Translations Pseudepigrapha Series, 6. Missoula: Scholars Press, 1975.
10. ed. Armenian and Biblical Studies. Jerusalem: St. James Press, 1976. 1,
11. with J. Strugnell, The Books of Elijah, Parts 1 and 2. Texts and Translations Pseudepigrapha Series, 5. Missoula: Scholars Press, 1979.
12. with B. Narkis, Armenian Art Treasures of Jerusalem. Jerusalem: Masada, 1979.
13. The Armenian Version of 4 Ezra. University of Pennsylvania Armenian Texts and Studies, 1. Missoula: Scholars Press, 1979.
14. Armenian Inscriptions from Sinai: Intermediate Report with Notes on Georgian and Nabatean Inscriptions. Sydney: Maitland, 1979.
15. Scriptures, Sects and Visions: A Profile of Judaism from Ezra to the Jewish Revolts. Philadelphia & Oxford: Fortress & Blackwells, 1980.
16. Signs of the Judgment, Onomastica Sacra and The Generations from Adam. University of Pennsylvania Armenian Texts and Studies, 3 ed. M.E. Stone. Chico: Scholars Press, 1981.
17. The Penitence of Adam. CSCO, 429-30; Scriptores Armeniaci, ed. R. Draguet. Leuven: Peeters, 1981. 13-14,
18. Armenian Apocrypha Relating to Patriarchs and Prophets. Jerusalem: Israel Academy of Sciences, 1982.
19. An Analytical Index of Armenian Apocrypha Relating to Patriarchs and Prophet. Jerusalem: Institute of Jewish Studies, 1982.
20. The Armenian Inscriptions from the Sinai with Appendixes on the Georgian and Latin Inscriptions by Michel van Esbroeck and W. Adler. Harvard Armenian Texts and Studies, 6; ed. R.W. Thomson. Cambridge: Harvard University, 1982.
21. with G.W.E. Nickelsburg, Faith and Piety in Early Judaism. Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1982.
22. with T.J. Samuelian, Mediaeval Armenian Culture. University of Pennsylvania Armenian Texts and Studies, 6 Chico: Scholars Press, 1983.
23. ed. Jewish Writings of the Second Temple Period. Philadelphia and Assen: Fortress and van Gorcum, 1984. 2.2,
24. with S.P. Cowe, ed. Banin Spasaworn: N. Bogharian Festschrift. Paris: 1984.
25. with D. Satran, Emerging Judaism: Studies on the Fourth & Third Centuries B.C.E. Minneapolis: Augsberg-Fortress, 1989.
26. Features of the Eschatology of IV Ezra. Harvard Semitic Studies 35; Atlanta: Scholars, 1989.
27. Commentary on 4 Ezra. Hermeneia, Minneapolis: Augsberg-Fortress, 1990
28. Textual Commentary on the Armenian Version of 4 Ezra. SBLSCSS, 35; Atlanta: Scholars, 1990
29. Studies in the Pseudepigrapha, with Special Reference to the Armenian, Studia in Veteris Testamenti Pseudepigrapha, Leiden: Brill, 1991.
30. A History of the Literature of Adam and Eve , Early Judaism and its Literature, Scholars Press, Atalanta, 1992.
31. The Rock Inscriptions and Graffiti Project, Catalogue of Inscriptions, Volumes 1-2: Inscriptions 1-6000, Society of Biblical Literature Resources for Biblical Study, 28-29, Scholars Press, Atlanta, 1992.
32. The Rock Inscriptions and Graffiti Project, Catalogue of Inscriptions, Volumes 3 Inscriptions 6000-8500, Society of Biblical Literature Resources for Biblical Study, Scholars Press, Atlanta, 1993.
33. with G.A. Anderson, A Synopsis of the Primary Adam Literature, Atlanta, Scholars, 1994.
34. with S. Ajamian, Text and Context: Studies in the Armenian New Testament (University of Pennsylvania Armenian Texts and Studies, 13) Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1994.
35. with C. Zuckermann, Repertory of Printed Armenian Translations of Classical Works, Jerusalem, Institute of African and Asian Studies, 1996 (booklet).
36. Texts and Concordances of the Armenian Adam Literature, Vol. 1 (Early Judaism and Its Literature, 12) Atlanta: Scholars, 1996.
37. Armenian Apocrypha: Relating to Adam and Eve. Leiden: Brill, 1996
38. with E.G. Chazon, Biblical Perspectives: Early Use and Interpretation of the Bible in the Dead Sea Scrolls. Leiden: Brill, 1998.
39. with T.A. Bergren, Biblical Figures Outside the Bible. Trinity Press International, 1998.
40. with E.G. Chazon, Pseudepigraphical Perspectives: The Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha in Light of the Dead Sea Scrolls (Studies on the Text of the Desert of Judea, 31) Leiden: Brill, 1999.
41. with G.A. Anderson, A Synopsis of the Books of Adam and Eve: New and Revised Edition. Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1999.
42. with G.A. Anderson, Studies in the Books of Adam and Eve, in Literature on Adam and Eve: Collected Essays, ed. G. Anderson, M. Stone, J. Tromp. Leiden: Brill, 2000.
43. with M.E. Shirinian, Pseudo-Zeno: Anonymous Philsophical Treatise (Philisophia Antiqua, 83) Leiden: Brill, 2000.
44. with B.G.Wright and D. Satran, The Apocryphal Ezekiel (Early Judaism and its Literature, 18) Atlanta: SBL, 2000.
45. with R. Ervine, The Armenian Version of Epiphanius' On Weights and Measures, (CSCO) Subsidia, Leuven, 2000.
46. with S.M. Paul and A. Pinnick (eds.), 'Al Kanfei Yonah: Collected Studies of Jonas C. Greenfield on Semitic Philology. Leiden and Jerusalem: Brill and Magnes, 2001.
47. Concordance of the Apocryphal Armenian Adam Books (Hebrew University Armenian Studies, 1) Leuven: Peeters, 2001.
49. Adam's Contract with Satan: The Legend of the Cheirograph of Adam. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2001.
48. Editor-in-Chief, with D. Kouymjian and H. Lehmann, Album of Armenian Paleography, Aarhus University Press, 2002
49. with R.R. Ervine and Nira Stone (eds.), The Armenians in Jerusalem and the Holy Land (Hebrew University Armenian Series, 4) Leuven: Peeters, 2002.
50. with Nira Stone, The Armenian Church, Dublin: Chester Beatty Library (50 pp. approx.)
51. with Gregory E. Sterling, Armenian Paradigms. Leuven, Peeters.
52. Critical Edition of the Armenian Version of the Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs. Hebrew University Armenian Series.
53. with E. Eshel and J.C. Greenfield, The Aramaic Levi Document. SVTP, Leiden, Brill.
54. with Nira Stone, Catalogue of the Additional Armenian Manuscripts in the Chester Beatty Library, Dublin.
55. Adam and Eve in the Armenian Tradition, 3 vols.
56. Sinai Diary, sent to publisher.