Kabab, lule (Baked lamb rolls)
Lule Kabab (Ground lamb roll)
Makes 4 kababs
1 lb. ground lamb
1 tsp. ground coriander (kinz)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. ground allspice (bahar)
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper (dakhdigh)
1 small onion, quartered & sliced
1 small bunch of parsley, trimmed
1. Mix spices with meat and knead thoroughly.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, and roll each into a cylindrical shape, uniform in circumference, and place on a baking sheet.
3. Continue to do so with the balance of the meat.
4. Bake in oven pre-heated to 375º for 20 minutes or until well browned.
5. Garnish kababs with sliced onions and parsley.
6. Kababs can be eaten in a half loaf of pita bread, or a club roll; or with bulghour pilaf, and with tan (madzoun & water).