Difference between revisions of "Gatnabour (Rice pudding)"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 09:37, 8 July 2019
GATNABOUR (Rice pudding)
1 cup water
1 cup rice
4 cups milk
½ cup sugar
pinch of salt
1. Place water, rice, and salt in a large pot.
2. Boil covered on low heat for about 15 minutes until water is absorbed.
3. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
4. Add warmed milk to the pot and cook on low heat for about 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Stir in the sugar and cook for another 15 minutes, while continuing to stir.
6. Remove from heat and pour pudding into a large bowl orindividual dessert dishes.
7. Chill before serving.
8. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon, if desired.