2006 (MMVI) is a common year starting on Sunday of the Gregorian calendar. It is also the current year. Armenian calendar year ԹՎ ՌՆԾԶ (1456).
It has been designated:
- January 4 - Drunken Armenian Minister of Culture Hovik Hoveyan goes to electricity station and pistol-whips employees because his electricity had been cut off.
- January 5 - Armenian Minister of Culture Hovik Hoveyan steps down from his post.
- January 5 - European Court of Human Rights accepts its first ever case of an Armenian citizen. Armen Mkrtchian sued for imprisonment after the 2003 presidential elections.
- January 6 - Armenians celebrate Christmas. Glendale schools give the day off.
- January 6 - Glasgow Girls get reprieve from deportation in UK.
- January 9 - Armenia imposed strict measures to prevent bird flu entering from Turkey. Flights to Istanbul also temporarily stopped until the 13th.
- January 9 - Cascade Bank purchased Emporiki Bank Georgia, which will be renamed Cascade Bank (Georgia).
- January 23 - Apraham Niziblian runs for Canadian Parliament.
- Unknown Day - Michigan state parole board recommends denying the application
for a commuted sentence or a pardon for Dr. Jack Kevorkian
- March 2 -
- April 5 -
- May 3 - Armavia Flight 967 crashes into the Black Sea, six kilometers west of Adler-Sochi International Airport, while attempting to land in poor weather; all 113 people aboard are killed.
- June 1 -
- July 1 -
- March 2 -
- April 2 -
- May 2 -