Revision as of 01:52, 19 May 2006 by Raffi
2005 (MMV) was a common year starting on Saturday of the Gregorian calendar.
- March 8 - US Senate hearings on Armenian Genocide bill.
- March 8 - Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan has called for an unbiased study
by historians of Armenian claims that their people suffered genocide at the hands of Ottoman Turkish troops around 90 years ago.
- March 9 - Armenia's Foreign Minister, Vartan Oskanian replies to Erdogan, saying "Historians had their say long ago, and Turkey has to work its own approach to this. There is nothing left to the historians any more".
- March 10 - Garry Kasparov, the world's top chess player for two decades and considered by many the greatest player in history, has announced his retirement from professional chess.
- March 11 - Georgian Prime Minister Zurab Nogaideli begins 2 day visit to Armenia.
- March 13 - Miss Armenia Lusine Tovmasian wins runner-up Miss Europe 2005 pageant. Among judges is Charles Aznavour.
- March 13 - Around 4,000 mostly Armenian locals in Akhalkalak, Georgia rallied to protest the withdrawal of the Russian military base stationed there.
- April 24 - Armenian Genocide commemoration day. System of a Down plays at third "Souls" benefit concert in LA.
- July 1 - K-Telecom begins VivaCell, the second mobile phone service in Armenia, breaking ArmenTels monopoly.
- September 24 - 2 day conference entitled Ottoman Armenians During the Decline of the Empire held in Istanbul. First such conference in Turkish history, and it garned massive press coverage.
- April 8 -